Photo by Steve Johnson from Pexels
It goes without saying that the way a journalist works now is completely different to the way a journalist worked pre the web, but I think it is worth just giving some context in order to understand just how much impact the online environment has had on the profession.
So before we launch ourselves into a site set-up, let’s consider how the working practice of a journalist has changed and therefore why it is so necessary to learn how to use a CMS such as WordPress. I want to
also take a brief look at future developments – where storytelling is going online – so that we can think about what trends could become common practice … for more
LINKS in chapter 2
- CERN. The Birth of the Web
- Lewis, P. (1996). The New York Times Introduces a Web Site
- Krotoski, Aleks. (2011). What Effect Has the Internet Had on Journalism?
- Silvester, Richard. (2017). Managing director of infographic company Infogr8
- The Guardian. (2013). Firestorm
- The Guardian. (2016). 6×9: A Virtual Experience of Solitary Confinement
- New York Times. (2017). The Antartica Series
- Washington Post. Events Leading to Freddie Gray’s Death, Explained in Augmented Reality
- Twitchadvertising. Twitch Audience